Learn something new everyday. Check out these amazing opportunities to do just that!
Learn more about the various aches and pains that affect us all. We will also learn how to prevent them and how to work through them. Topics change monthly. See our newsletter to find out what aches and pains we are learning about this month.
Elder Benefits Specialist
Pat Hafermann, Elder Benefits Specialist from the Aging and Disability Resource Center, is here once a month by appointment. Pat is able to provide:
- Accurate and current information about your benefits; retirement, Medicare, insurance, etc.
- Suggest alternative actions that you can take yourself to secure benefits or appeal denials of benefits
- Long-term Care Insurance qualifying benefits
- Explain what legal action or other possible solutions are required
- Refer you to an attorney when necessary
- Provide specific details and eligibility regarding Medicare, Medical Assistance Programs, Food Share program, Social Security, Supplemental Security Insurance (SSI), Senior Care, and Power of Attorney for Health Care/Advance Directives
This is a FREE service to all Sheboygan County residents, age 60 and older. If you would like to schedule a 30 minute appointment with Pat, please call or stop by the reception desk to schedule your appointment. Pat is here on the third TUESDAY each month from 8:30am - 11:30am.
Electronic Device Tutoring with Jeff
Jeff Shircel, former Network Administrator for the City of Sheboygan and a friendly, familiar face here at SACS, provides 1 hour, one-on-one tutoring on TUESDAY mornings. Please make sure that you sign up at the desk.
COST: $5/members, $8/guests
Attorney Natasha Torry from RootedLaw offers FREE 15 minute private consulations. If you would like to schedule your 15 minute appointment with Natasha, please call or stop by the reception desk to schedule your appointment. Natasha is here on the third THURSDAY each month from 10:00am - 11:30am.
Local experts sharing their knowledge on a variety of wellness topics. Wellness Cafe is on the last THURSDAY of each month at 11:45am. See our newsletter to find out what wellness topic we are learning about this month.